Request #18-1156

How can I get a Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN)?


September 12, 2018 via web


Library of Iowa, State


No name available





Point of Contact

LIB Information Systems

Request Published Public
September 12, 2018, 4:32pm
Request Closed   Hide Public

The Iowa Department of Revenue can help you to get a FEIN number.  This number is an ID that allows you to pay taxes, and it is required of most businesses in order to pay taxes.

You will need a FEIN if:

  • You are a sole proprietorship and have employees or
  • Your business is a corporation or
  • Your business is a partnership or
  • You sell alcohol, firearms or tobacco or
  • You need to pay federal excise taxes

For more information about getting a FEIN, visit:

The Iowa Department of Revenue can also answer your questions about tax refunds, rent reimbursements, sales tax, tax forms and questions, and out of state employees: ; 515-281-3114 or 800-367-3388


We released all of the requested documents.

September 12, 2018, 4:32pm
Department Assignment Public
Library of Iowa, State
September 12, 2018, 4:22pm
Request Opened Public
Request received via web
September 12, 2018, 4:22pm